Friday, January 11, 2013

Quentin Tarantino Has Heated Exchange With UK Journalist On Movie Violence, Says 'I'm Not Your Slave': Video

Promoting Oscar-nominated Django Unchained, which had its premiere in London last night, Quentin Tarantino refused to repeat his position on violence in movies during an interview with Channel 4 Evening News host Krishnan Guru-Murthy. Asked about the link between movie violence and real violence, Tarantino responds in the video below: 'Don't ask me a question like that ' I'm not biting.' When asked why, he says, 'Because I refuse your question. I'm not your slave and you're not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey.' Saying he was doing the interview as 'a commercial for the movie,' Tarantino elaborates, 'I don't want to talk about the implications of violence' The reason I don't want to talk about it: cause I've said everything I have to say about it. If anyone cares what I have to say about it, they can Google me and they can look for 20 years what I have to say. But I haven't changed my opinion one iota.' Guru-Murthy later presses, 'But you haven't said why you think there's no relationship' to which Tarantino exclaims, 'It's none of your damn business what I think about that!' And I'm shutting you down.' The exchange in question begins at about the 4:30 mark:

Get Deadline news and alerts FREE to your inbox...


No comments:

Post a Comment